RSS

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weekend Project: shabby chic recycled container



Here is a great way to recycle some of those containers you just don’t need.

To be honest the container I’m using today I’ve had for 3 years.  I stored some of my craft tools in it. It was old, ugly and very dusty so I decided to give it a facelift.



What you need:

Scrap paper
Book pages
Container (round or box shape)
Glue
Paint and glazing medium
Embellishments.



Step 1:

Clean or wipe out your container.
Cut book pages according to container size.
Apply glue to your pages and adhere the pages to your container. Continue with this step until you are completely cover you’re the entire container.



Step 2:

Lightly paint over your book pages. I use a glazing medium so that it's
transparent. You only want a hint of color.

Now select your embellishments. I kinda play around with pieces I had already created from my scraps.  Everything you see is scraps I put all my scraps in a jar.

I used clothe pins to help me visualize where i wanted to place embellishments. 



Then glue them on and you are Finish!




Now it's a container to hold my hand made paper flowers.
 ((The flowers are made from book pages))


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. 









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Beverly....What a pretty pretty altered box......You've done such a beautiful job on it....I wanted to THANK YOU so much for your very sweet comment you left on my blog.......And to share with you that I have indeed done tutorials on creating my flowers....you can find them all here..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esdO3Re3sgs&list=PLE687F9C418066194 Perhaps it might give you some insight???? And I hope you are having a very blessed week!!!

Post a Comment